Saturday, April 5, 2014

refuge

And David spoke to the Lord the words of this song on the day when the Lord delivered him from the hand of all his enemies, and from the hand of Saul. He said, "The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold and my refuge, my savior; you save me from violence. I call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised, and I am saved from my enemies. For the waves of death encompassed me, the torrents of destruction assailed me; the cords of Sheol entangled me; the snares of death confronted me. In my distress I called upon the Lord; to my God I called. From his temple he heard my voice, and my cry came to his ears. ..." (2 Samuel 22:1-7 ESV)

David had been granted victory through and by The Lord when he gave this song of deliverance. I have yet to be delivered from my physical distress, but I have been delivered from my spiritual death. Blessed be the name of the Lord! He is worthy of all praise and glory and thanksgiving and honor and beauty and worship. 



No comments:

Post a Comment