Thursday, March 27, 2014

coconut flour blab

I made a bread-slab, i.e. a blab. A plateau of bread. 

Don't get me wrong; I think it is very tasty. When I decided to make coconut flour bread, I found a few possible recipes before deciding which to execute. The recipe upon which I finally settled contained a photo of fluffy slices. Mine did not fluff. It flatted. Instead of rising, it declared that it was happy with its current occupation and refused to budge. Befuddling, but coconut flour is apparenfly a challenging ingredient to master, so biscotti bread it is until I learn the tricks of the coconut flour trade. 

The thing is...because it did not rise it is crazy dense. So it is surprisingly filling. And, like I said, quite yummy (especially with coconut cream*). 

If you are not able to eat many grains or need to avoid carbs, I highly recommend.




*Coconut cream = plop a can of full-fat organic coconut milk in the fridge before you go to sleep. When you open it in the morning it will be separated. Use the oh-so-magical cream on the top as butter and the watery milk on the bottom in your baking or morning smoothie. 

 http://www.foodista.com/blog/2011/06/08/coconut-flour-flax-bread-for-wheatless-wednesday

1 comment: