Monday, March 10, 2014

mar9

Doc is concerned about my progress r/g the restoration of the digestive system and after trying a combination of tons of things... she recommends colon hydrotherapy now. Apparently, many patients see dramatic improvement afterwards, including improvement of skin-based symptoms. I'm actually excited about this and the possibility of improvement. Still looking for someone in the area to make it happen, but hey! Baby steps, baby steps... Finally feeling encouraged.

Additional encouragement came this morning when I woke up to an improvement instead of a regression on my arms! So exciting! Mixing doTerra tea tree oil and a carrier oil (like jojoba or apricot oil) is working. : ) 

Rachel introduced me to food combining and it is fascinating! Currently, I'm working on learning more about it and seeing how I can use it. The idea is this: our stomach acids digest different foods at different rates (i.e., watermelon is digested in 15 minutes, while meat takes 2-3 days from what I've read...although I'll admit I gave that information the eyebrow. Still investigating for veracity). Something like watermelon will be digested and ready to move onward, but if it is on the top, waiting for something like meat to be processed, it will ferment and even putrefy, thus leading to things like bloating, gas, stomach pains, heartburn, et cetera. The principle is that you should eat from lightest to heaviest (so eat fruit first and the heavy starches last, for instance). Things like starch and animal protein work against each other (so meat and potatoes, tearfully, are horrible for your gut when eaten together. RIP the Appeal of Classic American Meals). 

I strongly recommend you also investigate -- it has apparently alleviated a variety of ailments, including acne. 

________________________________________________

All the way my Savior leads me, 
Cheers each winding path I tread; 
Gives me grace for every trial, 
Feeds me with the living Bread. 
Though my weary steps may falter, 
And my soul athirst may be, 
Gushing from the Rock before me, 
Lo! A spring of joy I see; 
Gushing from the Rock before me, 
Lo! A spring of joy I see.

Hymn by Fanny Crosby.

No comments:

Post a Comment